Monday, June 1, 2009

Oh My Stars!

I recently picked up some fimo clay. I love working with clay and really want to make some unique pieces for some jewelry I plan on making. I made a few pieces and final finished glazing them this morning so they are ready to go.

I made a cute little cupcake like charm. I am still working on how I am going to make this more.. realistic. The base of the cupcake still isn't coming out the way I like it. As of right now, sure its cute, but it's still a work in progress.

I also tried to make a space invaders pendant. These came out soo messy. I was trying to make them without a spagehetti play dough maker.. but apparently I need one. Each piece did not come out as well as planned because the proportions of the clay were uneven. But since they still looked pretty cool, I decided to bake them instead of scrapping them. They are kind of abstracted but still pretty cute.

I made a few random pieces but I also made some stars which I think will work excellently as chokers with rosary style beading. Some of them came out uneven and with imperfections, but once again, work in progress.



I am really happy with them all in all honesty. The yellow and pink ones are my favorite. I am going to keep working on these and make them each into a necklace. Maybe they will wind up on my etsy later.

No comments:

Post a Comment