Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I feel the need to show off

In February for my boyfriend's birthday I decided I would make him a cake and not just any cake but a cupcake cake. AND NOT JUST ANY CUPCAKE CAKE! But a MegaMan 8-bit inspired Cupcake cake!

My creation keeps getting me credit with his male friends, co workers, and even fellow bloggers he shows it off too, like Protodude's Rockman Corner. Everyone seems to be so in awe of how many mini cupcakes I baked, frosted, and arranged for this birthday surprise. (By the way, it was upwards of 128+, a few for the cake and a few for the baker.)

Now, this is not the first MegaMan thing I have ever made him. Throughout the almost 10 years know we have know and dated each other, he has had a rather unhealthy obsession with this game and as any hardcore gamers girlfriend knows, there is no end to this obsession... ever. After a few years, you tend to run out of store made merchandise and video games to buy an addict, so you resort to making your own stuff. I've made him hats, embroidered shirts, collages of shirts and pictures autographed by the games creator, pj pants.. you name it I have probably made it or I am making it for the next event.

I had wanted to make a full size cake for him and decided on mini cupcakes. The only problem is I was running out of space to lay the cake out. So a quick change of plans and I arranged a head. If I hadn't run into that little problem of space I probably would have finished quicker, but from start to finish it took me a total of 4 hours! The end result was awesome and yummy and stunned my boyfriend who to this day does not stop talking about it. In his eyes I have apparently won the best girlfriend of the year award. Only problem is now I have to top myself next year. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment