Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Disco Balls and Stars

I have had a slight infatuation with disco balls since.. oh.. I was like 12. I don't care how tacky some people think they are I love them and their wonderful reflective disco qualities. =]

A while back I was given a huge bag full of broken necklaces and forgotten beads. This one necklace.. had these silver disco ball looking beads and for the longest time I had no clue what to do with it. Then the other day it clicked, why not combine a super bright focal piece with these beads on a choker?

Well.. I made it happen. I took the hot pink polymer clay star I made a few weeks back and wire wrapped it in with these beads. The neat thing about this necklace is that the disco looking beads are not strung on string but wire. So, you can flex the necklace anyway you want. You can make it arch up or sort of zigzag out. It's really fun to play with.


But unfortunately, since I have no clue where these beads actually came from, there will only ever be one of these made. Or maybe that's a good thing. Who knows! Either way, for the right person, this is the right happy piece. Check it out along with other items in my store.

No comments:

Post a Comment