Monday, June 22, 2009

Lazy Sunday? Not me!

I had a really productive Sunday! I finally got a moment to re-pot some of my plants that desperately needed it. I found a few pots on freecycle that were in really good shape. I also managed to get to my local hardware store and bought a 2 large "sticks" to help support the plants. For the tomato plant I wrapped wire loosely in a few select places to keep it supported to the plant. I helped the bean plant to wrap itself around the "stick." Now it will have more direction as to where to grow.
In other news, I am still waiting to find a good window box or other pot for the herbs. The cilantro FINALLY decided to appear.. but only one seed seems to be growing.. I think I am going to plant a few more since I love cilantro. I also still think its very funny that regardless of how many times I rotate these plants.. the continue to grow towards the sun. See:
It looks so much better, however I feel the need to decorate the pots. They look so plain at the moment. Another project?

No comments:

Post a Comment