Saturday, June 6, 2009

Soon there will be food...

Day 17

So, the garden gets bigger and bigger every day. The plants keep growing towards the sunlight so I moved them onto the window. It is amazing to me how big everything is now. It seems like every time I turn my back they grow a little bit.
The tomato plant is measuring in this week at about 29 inches. I am still eagerly awaiting a first tomato. Hopefully soon. The bean plant has grown to approximately 16 inches tall. My project for him this week is to re-pot him and find a stick for him to climb. For most of the week it seemed like he was going to climb up the tomato plant. Everything else is growing well as you can see from the far right picture. Just growing toward to sun!

I have been having trouble with the cilantro. It has yet to sprout and I am getting a little bit worried. I repositioned it and I hope maybe that will make a difference. Maybe it just needs more sunlight. I will be so bummed out if it doesn't sprout. That will mean no homemade salsa for me.

Everything NEEDS to be re-potted sometime this week. I have been looking on freecycle for any kind of free pots of shelves. I really want to reorganize my garden area. Hopefully something will turn up soon. If not, I will be out hunting for cheap gardening supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment