Sunday, May 31, 2009

Everything is growing like woah!

Day 11
So yesterday when I woke up everything was officially growing. The beans had sprouted and the basil was finally poking through. Everything else is moving right along steadily... well, with the exception of the cilantro which has yet to sprout. My cherry tomato plant however brought be great joy yesterday. Look:
THE TOMATOES ARE ON THEIR WAY!

I am planning on getting a new shelf for my plants within the next few days and re-potting them to accommodate their rapid growing rates.

I am so excited for this. This plant always amazes me with how fast it grows. Come on now, I measured it yesterday and it was just about 18 inches tall now. I am going to need to get something to support it and keep it up right. I am thinking about trying to get a small piece of wood and gently supporting the plant with string. I have a feeling this bad boy is going to become top heavy very soon with all the weight of the tomatos.

I also am going to need something for my beans to climb up very soon. For a second I didn't think they were going to sprout and then BAM! Amazing growth out of now where! I mean come on, my bean plant tripled in size in one day. I bet by the end of the day it will have grown even more. I underestimate its growing rate for sure.

The lettuce and chamomile are growing excellently too. I was getting worried about the basil then I remember this is RED RUBIN basil so, obviously the color is different. I looked closer and sure enough.. it was sprouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment