Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Knit Night

Tonight I went to my first knit night, a 3 hour knitting affair in *gasp* public. Honestly, it went quite well. Of course it has been well over 2 years since I have knitted anything more than a scarf so my stirrup sock pattern looked like mumbo jumbo to me. Luckily there were plenty of people willing to help re-teach me purling and such. I am such a noob its silly. I somehow found it to be so relaxing, even though I stitched and un-stitched the same 3 rows for almost 3 hours. (Why yes I had a long day at work...) But I finally ended the evening with my socks hem complete and two rows into the neck of the sock. Success!
Don't shake your head! Haha!

I hadn't been into the yarn store ever and was impressed. I pass it frequently as its relatively close to my long term ex boyfriends parents/his house. I of course fell in love with these expensive skeins of yarn. Oh so beautiful. I would love to just buy a $42 skein of hand dyed, multitexture, multifabric, multiawesome yarn and make a $42 scarf. I'd wear it every day. Truly. There was this one skein I held most of the night because I wanted it so bad. It reminded me terribly of India in that way that only a textile can bring you back to a fond memory. Pay day is Friday. I have a feeling I will be making a $42 scarf soon. Even if its just for the memories I will make and remember each time I look at it.

Oh I am SUCH an emotional train wreck. And I mean that in the best way possible...



No comments:

Post a Comment