Saturday, January 28, 2012

'A boy broke my heart last night.. again' Smoothie

My friends are not going to be surprised that this same boy broke my heart again. It happens so often its almost sad. I wish he could just wake up and decide that this is where he belongs, but that would just be too easy. So I woke up in a funk and I am determined to not eat cookies and brownies and ice cream all day. I'm trying to lose weight and even though I am sure I will be baking a batch of something sweet later today, I need to still keep my focus.

Enter my breakfast today. Sweet sweet smoothie. I almost reached for the processed breakfast sandwich in my freezer but then I was like, NAH! Grabbed my chocolate protein, a banana, and an orange and made some tasty beverage.  The orange you can either do one of two things with: peel and blend or peel and juice. All depends on whether you like pulp or not. I have never been a fan of pulp so I busted out my juicer. For those of you who don't have a juicer, there is nothing quite like freshly juiced vegetables and fruits. You will find yourself avoiding buying juices after a while because its much tastier to have a natural fruit or vegetable juice without added sugar and ingredients you cant pronounce.

Anyway, it's a tastier treat and is hitting my chocolate craving. Just what the doctor ordered.

Chocolate Banana and Orange Smoothie
aka 'A boy broke my heart last night... again' Smoothie

Ingredients
  • 1 banana
  • 1 medium orange
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1 cup water 
Option 1
  1. Add water and banana to blender and blend. While blending, pour in protein powder.
  2. Peel and juice orange with juice. Add juice to blender. Blend well and drink. 
Option 2
  1. Add water, peeled orange, and banana to blender and blend. While blending, pour in protein powder.
  2. Drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment