Sunday, February 19, 2012

Strawberry Muffins

I meant to post this a while back but completely forgot. It has been a super busy past few weeks. Maybe two or so weeks ago my friend Emily crashed at my house. She had been going through a really rough in her life and I was trying to think of what I could do to brighten her morning. Well, can I say, nothing cheers me up quite like a delish dish. So I baked her breakfast. We both are unnatural red heads so I wanted to go with something red or pink, so strawberry muffins it is. The only thing I did different than the below recipe is that I used dehydrated strawberries. I have been dehydrating a lot lately because I am a single person who loves a vast variety of fruits but never can seem to eat them fast enough. Hence, dehydrating and storing.

Any way, with out further adue:

Strawberry Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped strawberries

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil an 8 cup muffin tin, or use paper liners.
  2. In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg. Beat lightly. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
  3. Fill muffin cups. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pans. 
FYI: I use a dough scoop to make my muffins into more small ball like entities.  Then I wind up with more muffins and smaller servings, since I am trying desperately to lose weight.

Nutritional Information 

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 233 | Total Fat: 8.2g | Cholesterol: 28mgAllRecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment