Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Random Rant - kandi bracelets

So lately I have been seeing a lot of people online selling 'raver' bracelets or 'kandi' jewelry. I hate to be a Debbie downer but I am completely against this. It's over priced plur wear. The original point of kandi was to be a homemade item by the individual to exchange with new friends they met by exchanging the kandi kiss, handshake, or just trading as a way to remember each memory of each new person in the community met. Buy and selling in my opinion defeats the purpose because the jewelry is not make by you for another individual with love. You may as well have bought them an item from hot topic or something because the whole purpose behind the bracelets is defeated. Not to mention, the cost of plastic beads and string is so dirt cheap the cost of one bracelet is equal to the cost of supplies to make 100+ bracelets.

Some people will say well this 3d bracelet is a lot of beads and took a long time to make. Yeah well, years back believe it or not we traded bracelets of equal value or gave a bigger flashier bracelet to our closest friends and loves of our life. Selling his jewelry just rips away any meaning he community gave to it. Think about it.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Personally thought, I am sticking to my stance on the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment