Thursday, July 16, 2009

Destructed T-Map Card Holder

So this was a complete project gone wrong gone right. I was trying to make the cover for a small notebook for a friend of mine. However when baking the plastic cover, it folded up into this super odd shape and I didn't have the heart to bend it back down. I mean, the shape intrigued me. So I decided to see what I could do with it.

Since the cover was supposed to be a map of the Boston Subway system, the fact that it was crumbled and a little deconstructed, it looked like something you might find on the ground in Boston. I decided I was either going to use this as some sort of coin or key dish. So I painted the back of it concrete gray and sprayed the whole piece with sealer. However the ink on the inside in some areas began to run like it had been rained on. I kind of liked that it got even more destructed.

After finishing it, I decided to try and stick some business cards in it and what do you know? Perfect fit! So different, but so unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment