Monday, June 7, 2010

Rain rain go away...

What a sad rainy weekend! I want to do things outside. Make the rain and dull weather go away!

Well, if I can't go outside.. at least I can reflect on tie dye of past sunny days.
A friend of mine, who is now on vacation in Denmark, needed a sleep sack (also known as a sleeping bag liner) so she could avoid those nastiest that can sometimes live in hostel beds. So I decided to make her one using an old sheet.

It's easier if you use a flat sheet, but I use a fitted full sized sheet because that was all I had at the time. Basically all you do to this, is take a sheet and fold it in half. The sew the sheet shut along one bottom and 3/4ths of the length of the sheet. The flip it inside out and you are done!

Of course if you want to can add Velcro or a zipper to the other 1/4th of the length of the sheet so you can close it more. I added a draw string at the top so she could wrap it up and go.

None the less, enjoy some happy tie dye-ness.




That's the completed sleep sack hanging out to dry. But once again. Do as I say, not as I do: use a flat sheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment